Friday, February 15, 2008
Amazing Feats...
This happened about five months after the first time (of many) that I flew into Baghdad Int'l. I remember it very well. I got the powerpoint pics in the email afterwards. All I could think was "holy s***!".
Those guys showed some remarkable airmanship that day.
If they'd been military guys, they'd surely have gotten the DFC.
Well done, boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is one of the few times I can say, I remember exactly where I was when this happened. I was in BIAP (Baghdad International Air Port). I remember watching this plane and thinking to myself there is no way that plane is going to make it. Sure enough though it did. I remember driving out to the air strip and getting a close up look. WOW is all I can say and that was some pretty good fly'n.
ReplyDeleteWay better than "pretty good"!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by "anonymous".
Anonymous. Heh.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous, i think not, you exactly who I am because you came to see me there. A true friend you are.
ReplyDelete